Insurance premiums are higher for young drivers because you are classed as being in a “high risk group”. But there are some things you can do to help keep them down:
- Having telematics, a “black box” fitted to your car to demonstrate that you are a safe driver
- Improving your car security
- Gaining additional driving qualifications such as Pass Plus
- Buying a lower risk, less powerful car
- Driving safely to claim your No Claims Bonus
- Keeping your mileage down
- You must be honest about who the main driver of the vehicle is – being a named driver on someone else’s insurance will not cover you if you are the main driver of the car.